Disputes involving children can be complex, but nothing illustrates that more than celebrity child support cases. While the average monthly child support payment
for parents in the United States is $430, celebrities typically pay much more. Because child support often considers parental income, many celebrities are expected to pay more than someone with the average income. If you have questions about your child support payments, contact an experienced attorney at the Law Office of Rick D. Banks
. We can help you understand what you owe and seek a modification
, if necessary. Call us today at (559)222-4891
Celebrity Child Support Cases Are Usually Complex
Celebrity child support cases are often complex when it involves parents who are frequently in the public eye. If both parents are celebrities, the court may consider that both parents are able to equally meet the needs of the children involves. However, if one parent is not a celebrity, the one who's famous could end up owning an astronomical amount of celebrity child support.
Charlie Sheen’s Child Support
Charlie Sheen has not one, but two baby mamas to pay celebrity child support – Denise Richards and Brooke Mueller. Richards has custody of the couple’s two daughters, Sam and Lola. Mueller has custody of twins Bob and Max. In the past, Richards and Mueller even collaborated to get child support payments from Sheen, who fell behind. He was originally ordered to pay each woman $55,000 per month. However, when they went back to court in 2016, the court modified the order. Sheen now owes each of his baby mamas $25,000 per month.
Britney Spears’ Child Support
Everyone is aware of the mental health issues Britney Spears has experienced in the past. Her ex-husband, Kevin Federline, was originally awarded custody of their two sons and awarded $15,000 per month in celebrity child support. Then, in 2008, the parents went back to court and the order was modified for an additional $5,000, awarding Federline a total of $20,000 per month. Federline is a stay at home dad and does not work.
Casino Billionaire Child Support
Celebrity child support payments are often overshadowed by the amount paid by billionaire business owners like casino owner Kirk Kerkorian, who passed away in 2015. The battle for money began when Kerkorian’s wife of only 28 days divorced him and admitted that he was not the father of daughter Kira. However, Kerkorian still had joint custody and was ordered to pay $100,000 per month in child support plus many other costs until Kira turned 19. When the casino mogul passed away, Kira was 17 and was not originally awarded any money in his will. However, she fought the estate and obtained $8.5 million from his estate.
Other Notable Celebrity Child Support Cases
The more money a celebrity is worth, the more they owe in child support. Some other notable child support cases include the following:
- Eddie Murphy was ordered to pay Spice Girl Mel B $51,000 per month for their daughter, Angel Iris.
- Mel Gibson must pay Oksana Grigorieva $1,000 per day for their daughter Lucia.
- Russell Simmons pays Kimora Lee Simmons a total of $40,000 per month for daughters Ming and Aoki.
- Paul McCartney seems to have lucked out on celebrity child support. He only pays $6,000 per month to Heather Mills for daughter Beatrice. However, he also foots the bill for private schools and a nanny.
- Owner of Revlon Ronald Perelman pays ex-wife Patricia Duff $12,825 for daughter Caleigh.
- Marc Anthony was ordered to pay former wife Dayanara Torres more than $14,000 per month for two young children.
- Halle Berry, who shares equal physical custody with Gabriel Aubry, pays $16,000 per month for daughter Nahla.
- Mick Jagger agreed to pay Melanie Hamrick $15,000 per month for his newest son Devereaux.
Learn More About Child Support Today
Whether you're famous or not, child support
issues are stressful. Call us today at (559)222-4891
to find out how we can help you.