Like all things, our income can change over time. This can be both good and bad. You may be currently struggling to make ends meet, living pay check to pay check. But by the end of the year you could be given a raise at work or come into some money in some way, thereby putting you on stronger financial ground. Economic stability is one of the hardest things to predict because it depends so much on the person – and people are prone to dramatic changes. So, when it comes to divorce orders – especially child support – things can change.

In California, this means one or both parties can petition a judge to alter a child support order. The reasons for this are numerous and depend on the couple, the child in question, and the family's individual situations. The Law Office of Rick D. Banks has helped many Fresno residents seeking a change to their marital support order. The following are just some of the possible reasons that parents may request a change in their order:

• One or both the parents have lost their job, changed their income, or suffered a serious financial calamity. • The child’s needs have changed (such as an increased need for health care, education or overall care) • The time the child spends with one or both of the parents has shifted dramatically • One parent has another child in another relationship • One or both of the parents have been incarcerated

Keep in mind, that petitioning for a change in your child support order still demands proving your case. You will need to show that there has been a significant change in circumstances since the previous order was handed down. If you are thinking about filing such a change, contact the Law Offices of Rick D. Banks to review your potential options.

We can be reached at (559)222-4891.
Categories: Child Support